After 20 years I entered a gym again and a lot had changed since those days. A lot of these torture machines have gone and also these blond bimbos behind the bar with fake nails have vanished. I couldn't spot any of these Muscle Marys, who usually were loitering in front of the bar with a protein shake in their hand or they were posing narcissistically in front of the mirrors.
Instead I found a lot of hightech toys, that looked more interesting than scary. And the nice and cooperative staff might be really great helpful getting my weight back behind that threshold. Furthermore three friends of ours are training there as well and have similar goals.
So the BhbfTM and I made some kilometers on the treadmill (more fast walking than jogging), did something for the well-hidden ab muscles and to call it a day we did another few kilometers on the bike. Tomorrow I am going to join my first ever spinning class, we'll see if I'm still able to walk on Wednesday. Let's hope that my motivation will stay as it is, but the tellies and my iPod should keep me entertained during work outs. Just to be on the safe side we only booked the two month trial contract ;o)
5. April 2010
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

2 Kommentare:
Now that I know about your blog, you must blog more!
How's the gym-going coming along? I'm terrible at exercising... but I started jogging again today. Fingers crossed that I actually stick with it.
Yep, I'm lazy, lazy, lazy, but the new apartment keeps us so busy and the gym is also time-consuming(I am still on my three times a week rhythm, now I actually run 6-7km/session and do 15km on the bike as a warm up and a little on the machines), so far I've lost 6kg and feel fab. Still a way to go to get into my bikini shape, but I am working on it.
You really have make it part of your life, like laundry day or other household duties. They all are not really fun, but they make you feel good when finishing them...
I even heard it should get addictive at a certain point, but I am still waiting for that one...
Kommentar veröffentlichen