7. März 2010

Anneliese S.

As mentioned in Svenjas Blog (worthwile reading if you are fit in the lingo!) this is the story of Anneliese:

It is hard to imagine, but at least once in every gay mans life it happens that he appears in drag in the public. Some are quite successful, others not (that definitely includes me). So I was due on a party for New Years Eve 1999/2000.
As I thought we would die that night anyway (Y2K!?),with all these nuclear power plants and cruise missiles exploding, that I had nothing to lose anyway.
A friend had the perfect condo for holding such an event, his bedroom had a build-in stage and on top of every cupboard there were disco lights and even a mirror ball was available, furthermore he owned some turntables and had a good taste in music. Not to mention the ideal positioning in the heart of the one and only metropolis in the Bergisches Land area.
Said and done I found myself in the planning commitee for a "Firebird" party. Someone had the intellectual idea to use Stravinskis ballet as a major theme, but as half of the board were illiterates and/or ignorants we turned the thing more into a "flight into the new millenium" thing
The firebird itself found its end as a decorative element underneath the ceiling. Even though it was really beautiful there is no picture of it left. We expected around 150 guest , which should mingle on approx. 70m² (750sft), hard to believe but they even managed to dance on the tight space. An entertaining programme was planned and so I spent every Friday night for next three month with rehearsals, costume and decoration preparations and a lot of booze. We had tons of fun, but with the event getting closer we feared that our guests-to-be would not have as much fun as we alread had. Post Christmas we spend every day together and some nearly nervous breakdowns and the bitchiness amongst the boys were helping keeping up morals
But - we got finished on time and even a buffet was prepared in the stairhouse, we organized a gazillion liters of beer and champagne and last second that lovely number on the right was "tailored". A special attention should be paid on the unshaved armpits in combination with the matching hooves in the not really opaque tights. Furthermore I had to squeeze my feet in heels size 7, instead the fitting 9-10 sized ones. One of the others boys mussed have nicked them after a rehearsal. I  hope that someone broke his neck in the heels later on.
We lip synched for our lives, sang in real to live music and even a little dance performance was shown by me and a friend (Lys Assia - Schwedenmädel), see pic below.  Of course a stage name was essential and when I first saw myself in drag I knew it had to be Anneliese Schrippenkötter, an early faded housewife from Wanne-Eickel.  As we had neither time or talent for make-up we skipped that even thouhg it might have been even more funny.

At mighnight the street in front of the house was illuminated by floodlights and massive speakers were brought ourside and everyone was served with champagne. Then we welcomed the new millenium by waltzing to Johann Strauss. Since this day girls have my respect for running around in tights and skirts in Winter, as it was freakin' cold. But seeing a 6'5 drag queen in a patent leather version of "Little Red Riding Hood" running around a church in stilletos while the champagne in her glass and the smiles in the neighbours faces started freezing was definetly worth it.The evening was a huge success, but it passed so quickly. As a host you are busy checking that everybody is served and entertained, plus stage fright and before you can say knife it is past midnight and you are pretty much exhausted. Should I ever again host such an event I join the  class "Having guests and still having spare time", promised! Thank G, that millenias are quite rare and for the next one I'll be on vaccation, definitely!!!

Have wonderful Sunday says Basel-based Michael aka Anneliese

2 Kommentare:

- hat gesagt…

cute! :D

but NOT every gay man will do drag :P i wont do it! ever! hehe

Basel-based Michael hat gesagt…

Wait and see, you have got some years to go. And a bearded lady is always hot!